This is a tax credit (not cash in hand) which is an amount of money that you subtract directly from the taxes that you owe.
Only select Hunter Douglas Duette and Applause Honeycomb shades qualify for this Tax Credit. – Products must qualify for Fabric, Operating System & Size.
- Products must be inside mount installed over double pane, clear glass windows.
- No sidelights, Vertiglide, Outside mount, End mount, Specialty Shapes + a few more exclusions.
- Products must be installed by December 31 of the qualifying taxable year.
- Purchaser Primary Residence (not 2nd home or rental)
- Tax Credit is for 30% of purchase cost of shades – Up To Max $1200 / year. Does not include cost of Installation/measuring.
- Qualifying product must be expected to commence with the purchaser & remain in use for at least 5 years.
Qualifying products meet energy performance standards as identified in the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) for U-factor and Solar Heat Gain Coefficient for all climate zones.
To submit claim for the tax credit: (Usually taken on IRS Form 5695 -unless changed by the IRS.
Complete the applicable IRS Tax Form & Submit these documents with your tax returns.
- Invoice: Itemized Hunter Douglas Invoice with detail including Product, Fabric, Lift, Options, Inside Mount, Price of Product (not install/measuring), Install Date & SIZE of each qualifying shade.
- Receipt – Proof of Payment
- Copy of Manufacturer’s Certification Statement– from Hunter Douglas
- Applicable pages of the Qualifying Product Document that addresses the specific products that were purchased.
Aloha Blinds & Designs will provide upon request the 4 required documents once the shades are installed and payment in full is received.
For More information: https://www.hunterdouglas.com/tax-credit