There are many different types of window blind and shade products to choose from, but not all will work well for every project or every person.
This is why it is important to work with a professional like Aloha Blinds & Designs to determine which options will work best for your individual needs and design style.
Here are the top 5 types of shades our clients have been asking for the most over the past few months.
- Roman: Soft fabric folds can either stack at the top or roll into a cassette- top treatment. These shades can be made from sheer, light filtering or room darkening fabrics. There is also a Duolite option that provides view and privacy too, all in 1 shade.
- Bamboo or Woven Wood: This type of shade is handcrafted from natural materials including grasses, reeds, and bamboo. They stack like a traditional Roman Shade, and can be made with a back liner for more privacy and light control.
- Banded: A rolling style shade with alternating bands of sheer and solid fabric. The bands can be aligned to provide a muted view to the outside or stacked to provide privacy and even room darkening.
- Honeycomb: Crisp accordion-style pleats on both the front and back fabrics provide the best energy efficiency. The pocket of air created by the 2 fabrics helps insulate in all seasons – hot and cold. These shades can also be made to operate from the bottom-up and top-down for better light control.
- Roller-Screen: These types of shades have the widest range of fabric opacities – from clear view to completely opaque and everything in-between. The fabric rolls up at the top of the shade and can be contained in a Cassette for a clean, minimalist look. They also can be made with DuoLite – 2 separate fabrics on one shade to soften the light and the other to block it completely.