Windows sometimes come in different unusual shapes and can pose a challenge to find a workable solution for privacy and light control. There are several different window treatments that can work on odd shaped windows, some operable, some non-operable. Here’s the most common Specialty shaped windows and what products are available for them.
- Arch: Duette & Applause Honeycomb Shades & Hunter Douglas Shutters,
- Angles: Applause Honeycomb, Hunter Douglas Shutters & Parkland Wood Blinds
- Circles: Hunter Douglas Shutters
- Eyebrows: Shutters
- Sidelights: (Narrow, long windows beside a door) Norman Honeycomb Shades with SimpleLift, and Applause-Side Lights
- Skylights: Hunter Douglas Applause and Duette Honeycomb Shades (with extension pole or motorized)
- French Doors: Almost anything can be mounted to door, but Honeycomb shades are the lowest profile.
- Eyebrows: Applause & Duette Honeycomb Shades, Everwood Alternative Wood, Parkland Wood Blinds, Pirouette, Silhouette Vignette Roman Shades and Nantucket Sheer Shades
- Hexagon, Octagon & Trapezoid: Applause & Duette Honeycomb. Silhouette, Vignette Roman and Pirouette Sheer Shades.