Child Safe Blinds
Child Safe Blinds are an important consideration for any family with small children or even pets. It is important that your whole family enjoys their custom window treatments with peace of mind. To help make your home an environment where your children can grow and explore accident-free, here are a few safety tips to consider when choosing window treatments.
- Beware of long dangling cords. Choose child-safe lift systems: Cord free, Wand control, Hunter Douglas Ultraglide or Vertiglide. Invest in custom Shutters or motorize yout shades for both safety and convenience. Another alternative is to install and use cord cleats to keep cords well out of the reach of your child.
- Secure or eliminate cord loops. We have built-in safety features across all our product lines that have looped cords. Breakaway tassels, cord tensioners and cord cleats are just a few. If your blinds or shades feature cord tensioners, be sure they are secured to the wall or window frame. Window coverings purchased before 1995 do not have these built-in safety features.
- You can get free window retrofit kit for older windows by contacting the Window Covering Safety Council (WCSC).
- 1-800-506- 4636, email@example.com www.windowcoverings.org
- Remove climbing hazards Children are not only natural explorers, they love to climb. Furniture may provide easy access to windows, cords and other potentially dangerous situations. This is why it is so important not to put a chair or other object near a window with dangling cords.
If you are moving into a new home or if it is time to redecorate, it is best if you furnish your home with new window treatments that already have safety features built-in. For more information on any of our window covering solutions, please call Aloha Blinds & Designs at (541) 317-4684.